Things are on the move again, and removals companies are back to what we do best – moving you and your belongings!
Moving to Europe? Moving internationally? Or moving back to the UK? Moving and living in Europe, or countries further afield, requires a bit of preparation, but it is worth it all when you are thinking of embarking on a new life. Or, you may already be living abroad and wish to return home to the UK.
Quick shortlist of the kinds of things you’ll need to consider when moving to another country are to:
- Sort out all your finance requirements in advance between the two countries
- Check if there is a minimum amount of money you are required to have in your account upon entering the country
- Know what your living costs are in your new country
- Ensure that you have easy access to your money, including getting a local bank card
- Consult with your bank representative, plan your outputs and inputs and ready your accounts at home to meet your needs
- Apply for any visas relevant to your destination and moving status
- Renew your IDs and cards – You don’t want to be stuck abroad with expired plastic. Make sure you leave with an updated passport, driver’s license, health insurance card, and credit cards
- Photocopy all of the official documents and cards that you are bringing with you—twice! That includes a plane ticket, insurance, birth certificate, all agreements and cards, and, most importantly, your passport. Leave a copy at home with family or friends and bring the second set with you—separate from the originals
- Make sure you have all the right paperwork for moving your pets too
- Sort out your mail – Make sure you register a change of address with all of the institutions you have been dealing with: banks, schools, clubs, and relevant governmental departments. In all cases, it’s probably best to keep a “home” address and have someone gather your mail
- If needed, store your personal belongings – perhaps some of those things you don’t wish to move immediately. To help you with this, we have over 1.5 million square foot of 24/7-secure containerised and self-storage facilities at Shires Removals Storage.
- Do any last health checks before you go
- Update your driver’s license so that you have a valid one in your new country
- Enlist a trusted removals company to move your treasured belongings – we have been moving people for over 45 years across the UK and across the world
What if I have an ‘unusual’ item to move?
When you’re upping sticks, you may have some more ‘unusual’ things to move! It could be a collector’s vintage car, antique heirloom, to a piano and everything in between. The logistical planning, paperwork, moving, and delivery of any unusual item is what we do best. And we specialise in local and global logistics, shipping and destination delivery with a trusted team and fully insured service from end-to-end – for your unusual item to be moved safe and sound.
Halfway accommodation when you arrive in Europe
Moving to another country can be stressful enough, with every arrangement you have to consider. If you are moving to France, or Europe, what about enjoying a welcome base in mid-west France while your new home is being sorted out?
At Shires, we’re more than just a removal company – we think of your whole journey and have recently acquired a chateau that makes a great place to springboard and transition into your new European life!
Or, if you are making the return journey, and you need accommodation to cover a short stay before you head back to the UK, then our chateau will provide you with a comfortable stop-over place – short or longer stay – while you finalise everything.
Trusted movers make all the difference
Whatever your reason for moving or relocating overseas, one thing is certain – you need someone to help with all your treasured worldly belongings.
Your move may feel like a big upheaval, but with us here at Shires you’ll receive advice, guidance and committed service throughout every step of the removal process from our professional and friendly teams – all for your great peace of mind. And to ensure that our complete start-to-finish removal services makes your move easy and stress-free.
“Very good company to deal with. Did what they said they would and well. Office staff were very good answering my endless queries and questions with patience and accuracy. The removal staff were on time and extremely cooperative. Can’t speak highly enough of the service we received.” – Trustpilot
“We are a well-established removal company that has been dealing with domestic, commercial and international moves for over 45 years. So if you are planning to move to the other side of the world, look no further for a removal company you can trust. We can cater for any requests. International removals do not faze us. There is not a removal challenge we cannot conquer. You can rely on us to transport your goods thousands of miles to your new destination. Bring on the challenge!” says Paul Sweeting, owner of Shires Removals.
Starting your new social life in your new country
Join meetup or expat groups, but also make friends with local people in your new community for the best all-round experience. You can even bring some souvenirs from your home country with you, so that when you meet someone helpful, your gift in appreciation will be welcomed!
Life’s too Short
Research has shown that most people who made the move wished they’d done so sooner. Especially people who have thought about moving for a long time but have procrastinated on whether to see it through or not. “With hindsight, we should have moved sooner, we’ve been putting off enjoying our new life. Life’s too short”.
Give us a call or pop us an email: 0800 590519 or email@example.com
Stress-free International Removal Service Worldwide