Yes, we’re still quoting! That’s digital convenience for you –
Get a free no-obligation removal company quote from Shires using your mobile smartphone, and be able to continue social distancing at the same time. This means you can still create some outline plans for your future move that you currently have on hold during the coronavirus lockdown.
Even during these difficult times, here at Shires Removals we are fully committed to providing as much support as we can, while following lockdown contact-free safety rules. See our recent blog that includes a link to government removal company guidelines.
Video your items and rooms
Take your own video for a remote survey, film your home and show us your items and your rooms. Once you have completed your video survey of your home or office, all you have to do is send it to us and we’ll be able to give you quote for your move. It’s fantastically convenient!
Just pop your video over to us, either by using our Shires Whatsapp or you can send it as a file via the easy-to-use free service of WeTransfer. The links you need for these are here.
And if you need any help with sending us your video, you’re welcome to pop us an email
A few tips
- The more thoroughly you film your inventory, the more accurate a quote we can provide
- Move from room to room, and capture each item that needs to be considered for the quote
- Don’t forget to include measurements for larger items for a more accurate quote, as size can be misrepresented in video form
- Move your phone camera at a comfortable, relaxed speed so that the rooms, items, item sizes, and quantity of items can easily be seen by our assessors
- For some specific items or rooms, explainer voice audio will be most useful too
- Remember to let us know about accessibility to your home – your street, your driveway, flights of stairs, and any other factors that should be considered which may have an affect on time it will take to move – you can include visual references to these in your video survey too
- Don’t forget to include other areas of your property such as garages, sheds, workshops, outdoor furniture, if you have items for moving stored in these
- And, of course, let us know your intended moving date. We know that it is hard to finalise anything until we all have a better idea about life once the lockdown is over. But by giving us your ideal moving date we can plan ahead and hopefully meet your timing as best as we can. Get your date in early!
Video Survey Benefits
Besides not currently being able to come out to you to conduct a traditional survey in person due to the coronavirus lockdown, there are further benefits to sending us your own video survey.
- It is something that you can do 24/7, so you don’t have to take time off work to arrange a quotation (and you’ll find video surveys are by appointment only with some removal companies, which means less convenience for you to film in your own time and build up a full picture of all aspects of your property, and to submit the video when it best suits you)
- No surveyor is required to come into your home – during COVID-19 lockdown this is essential. And once the lockdown era has passed, there is the matter of convenience and not having to book time off work to be at home for a survey
- You can fit filming a video survey around your own personal schedule
- Conducting your own video survey is time-saving, convenient, and efficient
- A video survey helps to prepare a highly accurate and individualised removals service for your specific moving needs
- It also provides a secure record of your inventory
As soon as the current lockdown is lifted, we look very forward to getting your treasured possessions safely on the road.
Our removal company services include:
- Packing materials and packing service
- Storage facilities: self-storage and containerised storage, short term and indefinite length of time
- Office moves
- Small moves: we have a fleet of vehicles, including smaller vans for smaller moves
- Unusual moves: needing to move a piano, an old car, anything that is out of the ordinary?
- We can move you around the corner, and around the world: from same neighbourhood, to countrywide, and international moves – global moving once countries start to open up again after coronavirus
The future of moving surveys
Video surveys are the future of moving surveys, they are a great time saver. Fast, accurate, and able to reach you wherever you are in an instant. And with a quick quote response in return, this enables you to make your moving plans and decisions happen faster.
“Video surveys will be a huge benefit in determining accurate pricing, giving a better service and a much improved customer experience.”
Here is a reminder of Planning ahead for your next move with your preferred removal company, Shires Removals:
Planning ahead for your next move
While you are waiting for the lockdown to come to an end, you can start making plans to put dates into your calendar for moving home or office. There are quite a few things you can already be doing.
- First things first: You can send us a video survey of your space, room by room, and we’ll work out a quote for you. Details on how to send us a video can be found on our website
- Give us an idea of your preferred moving date and we can make sure we have availability in the time of your choosing – why not provisionally book early to avoid disappoint through securing your spot with a refundable deposit?
- Plan your Packing and Know your Size: How many boxes do you need? Have a read through our information about the size of your house and the average number of boxes you can expect to use – more information here
- As soon as the lockdown has been lifted, and it is safe to move you, we will be raring to go! And we are sure – so will you!
We’ve been moving people for more than 40 years. We are a trusted and reliable removal company family business based in Yorkshire, and we’re here to move you around the corner and around the world…and back! We’ll let our customers share with you how they feel about our service, and hope that we’ll be moving you soon too.