A glimmer of light in getting you moving. If you are one of those who found your property move frozen with lockdown, and have been waiting patiently to move safely – now is the time.
And if, during lockdown, you have reassessed your own property needs and are looking to make new moves soon, this is now possible.
We’re fully mindful of the justifiable concerns about some lifting of lockdown restrictions in this challenging time of the Covid-19 pandemic. And there is still a long way to go until we all feel adequately safe in how we adjust to living with the coronavirus for the foreseeable future. We take all this on board when it comes to setting up our own safety practices while being able to get you moved – home or office, or to our storage facilities. We value you, and our teams, and prioritise safety first and foremost.
What the government says
“The government has amended the coronavirus (COVID-19) regulations to make clear that people who wish to move home can do so. The process of finding and moving into a new home will need to be different given those involved in the process will have to adapt practices and procedures to ensure that the risk of spread of coronavirus is reduced as far as possible” – from gov.uk.
So, the property market has been given the cautious green light to re-open and re-start. The entire industry has put in all essential safety precautions in place – from property agents to removals companies and their working teams.
With this in mind, we are very keen to stress that, as a committed and conscientious moving company, here at Shires Removals, we are fully complying with, and following the government guidelines as published here and we put your safety – and that of our teams – first.
Home mover demand explodes as lockdown eases
“Home mover demand explodes as lockdown eases” – this is according to Yomdel Property Sentiment Tracker.
“Demand for estate agency services exploded in the past week to smash all records as people desperate to move rushed to take advantage of the official easing of coronavirus lockdown restrictions and the government green light for estate agents and removal firms to reopen”.
Helping each other
There are many ways in which we can help each other to stay safe during a house move. In addition to following government guidelines, here’s just some of the practices we’ve put into place as part of the ‘new normal’ in home packing and moving procedures:
Before move day:
- Email a floorplan of your property to allow us to plan the best way to carry out your removal
- Provide a floor plan of the property you are purchasing, and if possible, mark roughly where you would like to furniture to go in each room
- Clearly mark all boxes items with the rooms that you would like them to be placed in at your new property
On move day:
- You will be asked to vacate the property. If this is not possible, to remain in one room to allow our Shires removal team to freely access your property without social distancing issues
- Please allow access to hand washing facilities / water for our operatives. They will bring their own soap
- We ask that you to wedge open all internal doors within the property
- Our team will be provided with PPE – gloves and masks. This is for your protection and theirs. They will also carry hand sanitiser and wipes to allow them to wipe down door handles, banisters, etc.
- Please do not offer to provide drinks. We wouldn’t want to offend by refusing! They will bring their own food/drink so that facilities aren’t shared
- Wedge open the internal doors
- As with collection, it’s about vacating the property to allow our team to move around freely
- Once the team have placed your furniture and boxes into the property, the team will vacate and ask you to carry out a walk-around check. If there are any changes to be made our team are on hand to move them to their correct place – always maintaining 2m social distancing of course!
- Once complete you will be asked to sign your paperwork – with your own pen.
It is important to note that we’d be unable to carry out any removal if anyone – yourself or anyone in your household – is displaying any of the symptoms associated with coronavirus, or have been tested positive for coronavirus, or have been in contact with anyone with coronavirus.
Together we can move you safely into your new home and look forward to seeing you On The Move with us soon!
Have a chat with our friendly team who can help and advise you every step of the way to make for a top smooth move! email@example.com