Make the way you move to your next relocation the smartest move you’ll ever make. Starting with the removals company you choose, of course! (that’s Shires to you!)
We always like to say that we move you around the corner, and around the world. But we also do small moves big moves, long moves, short moves. We have you covered for every kind of move. It is what we do best.
The right full service moving company
Eliminate the time and frustration spent on seeking multiple estimates for different services! Speak to a removals company that does the whole service of moving – from packing, relocating IT if you’re a business, to logistics and transportation, to offloading.
We’ve even been known to help a customer hang a hard-to-reach chandelier! Extra helping hands were needed!
Moving simplified (yes, it is possible)
Did you know that 68% of moves are under 50 miles? Our local moving options are flexible to your needs. Our vehicle fleet covers all sizes of moves – and can take all your things or only a few items. Your call!
Your early planning checklist for moving
Save time, money and headaches by keeping one step ahead with your planning of your upcoming move.
- Book your removal company early, to ensure the optimum time that suits your move
- Research the best internet and TV providers in the area you are moving to. You will either be moving with the same provider, or you may choose to book a new service. Be connected from the first day! In today’s world, we depend heavily on our internet and having seamless online access.
- Arrange to forward your mail.
- For utilities, sign up for a new service, or transfer your current service to the new address.
- If you decide to carry out your own packing, then make sure you have ordered enough boxes, the right sizes, and delivered on time. (We also have packing materials too, should you wish to order)
- Alternatively, if you are really aiming for the best stress-free move, then you are welcome to book our packing service
Tips, tricks & moving hacks
Aim for your smoothest and smartest move yet! Packing up your life and moving down the street or across the country (or border) doesn’t have to be disastrous! You’ll be relaxing in your new space before you know it.
Moving is sometimes unpleasant, it’s never exactly fun, but it usually leads to a positive outcome. Of course, particularly with moving, the success of the endeavour really depends on avoiding moving mistakes and planning ahead to make the process as smooth as possible.
Packing Tips for Moving
- Use the right size boxes
- Put heavier items on the bottoms of boxes, lighter items on top
- Don’t leave empty spaces in the boxes
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms in the same box
- Label each box with the room it’s destined for and a description of its contents
- Tape your moving boxes well.
But what if it’s art?
If you’re moving special art items, ask us about specific crating and packing methods for these. For example, never wrap oil paintings in regular paper; it will stick.
And glass frames?
And when you pack framed pictures with glass, you can make an X with masking tape across the glass to strengthen it and hold it together if it shatters. Then wrap the pictures in paper or bubble wrap and put them in a frame box, with a piece of cardboard between each framed piece for protection.
You may have a whole range of eclectic and vintage, and valuable, collectibles. Let your removal company know about these as part of the inventory and quotation stage, so that we can make the best packing and moving plans. For example, we recently moved a vintage juke box that also required a forklift to reach the first floor through the house exterior. Almost everything is possible!
Packing and moving clothes
There are a few different options to pack clothes for moving—you can pack folded clothes in cardboard boxes, suitcases, or even leave them in the dresser (if it doesn’t make the dresser too heavy to move!). For hanging clothes, use a special wardrobe box, so you can hang your clothes right in it. (Bonus: you won’t have to worry about figuring out how to pack your hangers for moving!)
“You need to protect your shoes from each other when you pack shoes for moving. Wrap shoes individually to keep sharp heels or buckles from damaging other shoes, and to keep dirt from one pair of shoes from messing up the rest of your shoes. You can pack socks into shoes to help them hold their shape.”
“When you pack jewellery, you can recycle some items to help you—you can string necklaces through straws or toilet paper rolls to keep them from being tangled.”
Eliminate most of the stress of a move by doing some smart prep! And then let us take care of the heavy lifting!
Our service to you is fully insured, with over £10 million Liability Insurance and quality assured.
Home Moves. Office Moves. Business Moves.
We provide Local, National and International Removals, Packing, and Storage services to Domestic and Commercial customers.
You find a place, and we’ll take you there!