The ‘Next Normal’ as we move you from home to home, office to office, country to country
Since we’ve been back and open for business after strict Covid-19 lockdown, we have moved a whole bunch of wonderful customers from one home or office to the next. As with everything coming out of lockdown, installing new procedures for all of our safety and hygiene in these step-changing times of a pandemic, has been paramount. We’re just mightily relieved to say it has worked! And we’ve safely moved you!
So, now it’s time for a momentary pause, to catch our breath so that we can thank you for your custom and your welcome and kind words as we all navigate this ‘next normal’.
Easy to organise
“Easy to organise during the pandemic – arrived promptly on the day, loaded quickly and safely with cheerful unloading at the other end. Both men friendly and polite. Would strongly recommend”. – Trustpilot
To the rescue
“To the rescue – At the end of June I had to move at short notice after COVID delayed my house move and Brett and Sean from Shires Removal Group came to the rescue! They came and did some packing and preparing the day before and were very efficient and made the move so much less stressful and easy! The worked so hard and didn’t stop for 9 hours on the day I moved. I would really recommend Shires and Sean and Brett for anyone looking to move”. – Trustpilot
Efficient, professional, and will use again
“Efficient, professional and got everything to where it should be in one piece. We’ll be talking to Shires again for our permanent move early next year”. – Facebook Review
How do we do it?
Our fantastically organised and experienced relocation and moving team puts an individual safety plan in place for each individual move to ensure that social distancing and safe practice is actioned at all times. Due to the unprecedented situation with regard to the spread of the Covid-19 virus, the removal industry has had to review its operational procedures in order to protect both customers and employees from the risk of infection and to ensure that the risk of spreading the virus in minimised.
Each move is unique, with its own set of circumstances, which we plan – together with our customer’s needs. In addition to this, we also follow government guidelines and keep up to date with any changes.
Government guidelines for Removals firms:
Removal firms are able to operate and should follow the latest government guidance on safer working. Where moves are carried out, social distancing should be followed. Companies should ensure employees understand how to operate safely and communicate this to customers.
- Removers should contact the household in advance to check that no member of the household is showing symptoms of coronavirus or self-isolating. If they are, works should be delayed.
- They should also encourage households to ensure all internal doors are open and surfaces and possessions have been cleaned with household cleaning products prior to them entering the property.
- No work should be carried out by a person who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild.
- Removers should wash their hands on entering the property using separate towels of paper towels which need to be washed or disposed of safely after use.
- Removers should seek to minimise contact with homeowners and remain 2 metres apart from householders at all times.
- Removers should implement a buddy system and ensure that the same people work together when moving bulky items and furniture.
- Removers should bring their own refreshments but you should ensure they have access to hand washing facilities, using separate towels or paper towels if possible, which should be washed or disposed of safely afterwards.
Further useful government guidance for Moving Your Belongings
Removal firms are able to operate, although they may need to adjust usual procedures in order to ensure moves happen as safely as possible.
- We encourage you to contact removal firms as early as possible in advance of your move.
- You and your household should also try and do as much of the packing yourself as possible. However, where you are using a removals firm, you may wish to talk to them in advance to discuss packing and in particular, the arrangements for packing fragile items.
- We ask that, where possible, you clean your belongings, with standard domestic cleaning products before they are handled by others, including removal firms.
- Whilst the removers are in your home, you should ensure any internal doors are open and seek to minimise your contact with the crew, maintaining a distance of at least 2 metres where possible.
- All parties should wash their hands and avoid touching surfaces where possible to reduce the risk of transmitting the coronavirus.
- You should not provide refreshments but you should ensure they have access to hand washing facilities, using separate towels or paper towels if possible, which should be washed or disposed of safely afterwards.
Do these same guidelines apply if I’m moving overseas, or moving office?
The answer is absolutely Yes. This applies on all moves that begin and/or end within the UK. Rules for how your overseas portion of your move will differ depending on the country. During your pre-move survey your overseas destination will be discussed and any relevant measures for that country are highlighted. We lead you through the whole process – and action: from planning, to packing, uploading, moving, transporting/shipping, offloading into the allocated rooms to your preference. Hopefully all neatly and clearly labelled while packing!
Back to full-house service
We are actively taking enquiries, creating quotes and undertaking removals, storage and shipping services, for both domestic and business customers.
For added speed, and safety, you are welcome to send us a video survey of your goods – further guidance on how to go about this is here. The safety of our staff and customers is still the most important consideration, and we are continuing to work in the best way we can to deliver our services, and to constantly monitor coronavirus’s ever-changing status and regular government guidelines updates.
Home Moves. Office Moves. Business Moves.
We provide Local, National and International Removals, Packing, and Storage services to Domestic and Commercial customers.
You find a place, and we’ll take you there!